Tax Advisory and Compliance Services
Mazars Philippines Tax compliance and advisory team can support you with all aspects of Philippine tax and International tax. As a global business we understand the complexities of working in a global economy.
In today’s dynamic business environment, tax compliance and tax planning are areas that are occasionally sidelined. Mazars would advocate not only pro-active tax planning but also disciplined “housekeeping” i.e. the resolution of historic tax issues. We can help you with both.
Our tax advisory team has advised a multitude of clients and institutions both in Philippines and international. The combination of our integrated international structure and experienced teams ensure that you will receive clear, concise and practical tax advice.
There are four principal components to our tax compliance and advisory service offering:
- Annual Tax Registration
- Support on BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue) Audit and Tax inspection (Vat & Tax Refunds, and open cases)
- Monthly Tax Service Compliance: preparation, filing and Payment for Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax on compensation and Withholding Tax expanded together with MAP
- Quarterly Income Tax Filing and Payment (ITR together with SAWT)
- Quarterly preparation, filing and payment of Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Preparation and electronic submission and payment of the monthly payroll related tax returns
- Annual tax data Filing (ITR, BIR Form 1604E, 1604CF) and additional support as required for Annual auditing
- Other tax advisory services upon client request
Strategic Tax Planning
Our tax team can provide specialist advice, including: tax due diligence, the review of onshore and offshore structures and the analysis of double taxation agreements with a view to minimizing tax liabilities on cross-border transactions.
Tax Investigations and Tax Refunds
Managing tax investigations and processing tax refund claims in the Philippines can be confusing, costly and time consuming. Mazars can support you by liaising with the BIR on your behalf, providing you with the confidence that you have the best advice and therefore enabling you to focus on your core business.
Our team has many years of experience working with the BIR and can help guide you through the investigation process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Transfer pricing, the price at which goods and services are sold between associated enterprises, is regularly acknowledged to be the most important tax issue facing multinational businesses.
It is widely recognised that it can provide excellent tax saving opportunities but it can also give rise to significant compliance issues. For these reasons effective transfer pricing policies are of fundamental importance to group tax and risk management strategies.
Our tax team can support you by minimising your potential tax exposure, identifying transfer pricing risks and drafting any required inter-company agreements. Working together with you, we can ensure that your transfer pricing exposure is managed efficiently and that your policies can be supported if challenged.